Monday 2 January 2012

Studio diary week 8

  • This week I started the lazar cutting process ,using only the shapes that the public created in my response test.After I collected the shapes that were vital to my first outfit I took them straight to the manikin,using handling and manipulation to get the fit.There will not be alot of pattern cutting in my development process.
  • I started my undergarment for the popper shapes to attach onto!It could be worn over clothes or without .The undergarment will act as a brace/waist coat.
  • The fastening will be magnets (if the strength works) or velcro. The mock up fabric is in a basic cotton with two layers of fusible. Before the structure is put together I will mark on each of the poppers and attach them and also the fastening ,to make the process easier.
  • Then sew the garment together.This particular fabric needs no finishing and will be stitched with together and then top stitched for design purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment